The New Democrat Coalition has seven policy task forces which are led by New Dem issue area experts in order to develop policies to help Americans get ahead in a changing economy and make America more secure. The task forces are charged with meeting with stakeholders and developing policy positions for the Coalition to advance in both the near term and long term. The Coalition will continue to assess the policy challenges that lie ahead and create additional task forces as needed.
The New Democrat Coalition is comprised of forward-thinking Democrats committed to growing our economy and increasing opportunity for all. The task forces will target areas where the Coalition can move the ball forward and advance policies that help our economy and this Congress get on track.
The New Democrat Coalition Task Forces are:
- 21st Century Infrastructure Task Force
- Co-Chairs: Representatives John Delaney, Elizabeth Esty, Stacey Plaskett, and Norma Torres
- Affordable and Accessible Healthcare Task Force
- Co-Chairs: Representatives Kurt Schrader, Ami Bera, and Ann McLane Kuster
- Cybersecurity Task Force
- Co-Chairs: Representatives Derek Kilmer, Kathleen Rice, and Josh Gottheimer
- Future of Work Task Force
- Co-Chairs: Representatives Jared Polis, Bill Foster, and Seth Moulton
- Global Competitiveness & Trade Task Force
- Co-Chairs: Representatives Rick Larsen and Greg Meeks
- Housing Task Force
- Co-Chairs: Representatives Denny Heck, Juan Vargas, Stephanie Murphy, and Scott Peters
- Tax Reform and Fiscal Responsibility Task Force
- Co-Chairs: Representatives Terri Sewell, Don Beyer, and Brad Schneider
Read Vice-Chair Derek Kilmer’s Medium Post further explaining the Coalition's charge for the Task Forces.