The New Democrat Coalition has eight policy task forces in the 116th Congress. The task forces will be led by freshman Members, Committee Members, and New Dem issue area experts in order to develop policies to help Americans get ahead in a changing economy and make America more secure.
The new and expanded task forces are charged with meeting with stakeholders and developing policy positions for the Coalition to advance in both the near term and long term. The task forces will target areas where the Coalition can advance policies that help our economy and this Congress get on track.
The New Democrat Coalition Task Forces for the 116th Congress are:
The Climate Change Task Force
- Co-Chairs: Reps. Don Beyer, Sean Casten, Susan Wild, and Elaine Luria
The Future of Work Task Force
- Co-Chairs: Reps. Bill Foster, Chris Pappas, Haley Stevens, and Lisa Blunt Rochester
The Healthcare Task Force
- Co-Chairs: Reps. Angie Craig, Kurt Schrader, Kim Schrier, and Greg Stanton
The Housing Task Force
- Co-Chairs: Reps. Denny Heck, Katie Hill, and Ben McAdams
The Infrastructure Task Force
- Co-Chairs: Reps. Stacey Plaskett, Jason Crow, Elissa Slotkin, and Salud Carbajal
The National Security Task Force
- Co-Chairs: Reps. Anthony Brown, Brendan Boyle, Brad Schneider, and Abigail Spanberger
The Technology Task Force
- Co-Chairs: Reps. Sharice Davids, Kendra Horn, Harley Rouda, and Darren Soto
The Trade Task Force
- Co-Chairs: Reps. Ron Kind, Rick Larsen, Greg Meeks, and Lizzie Fletcher
Read more in Roll Call.